Guide button on XBox 360 / XBox One controllers on Windows?

Guide button on XBox 360 / XBox One controllers on Windows?

Jeff Backus
Hi all,

Does SDL support use of the guide button on XBox 360 or XBox One controllers on Windows? Specifically using Windows 10. The device is registered as an XInput controller. We have a user who is reporting that our program isn't responding when they push the guide button but responds to all of the other controls. Searching around, I found this discussion which seems to indicate that the Windows driver does not treat the guide button as a standard button using the standard interface and that it apparently has a secret function for retrieving a handle to the controller that does allow using the guide button as a normal button.

Is this a known issue? If so are there any plans to add support?

Thanks!
Jeff