How to use SMJPEG with SDL2?

Daniel V
Can SMJPEG be used with SDL2 or is it deprecated?

Can't find any information about it.

Just want something fast and easy to use for playing M-JPEG so I can
jump to any frame instantly.

Re: How to use SMJPEG with SDL2?

Ryan C. Gordon
On 1/25/17 2:52 AM, Daniel V wrote:
> Can SMJPEG be used with SDL2 or is it deprecated?

No one has touched SMJPEG in over a decade. It probably wouldn't be hard
to get it to work with SDL2 (as it just wants to write into an
SDL_Surface), but I'm not aware of anyone trying to do so.

--ryan.

Re: How to use SMJPEG with SDL2?

Daniel V
> On 1/25/17 2:52 AM, Daniel V wrote:
>> Can SMJPEG be used with SDL2 or is it deprecated?
>
> No one has touched SMJPEG in over a decade. It probably wouldn't be hard
> to get it to work with SDL2 (as it just wants to write into an
> SDL_Surface), but I'm not aware of anyone trying to do so.
>
> --ryan.

It looks like smjpeg is just a extension of libjpeg
http://libjpeg.sourceforge.net/

It's probably just some lines of code in implement something like
smjpeg in within SDL_image

And it smjpeg has a easy interface, so maybe the missing the lines of
code could be included in SDL_image without hassle?

A M-JPEG file can hold many jgep files. So it could also be used as
many jpeg files in one, and not just for video playpack or video
cutting.

// Daniel V.