Re: Embedded license? (SDL contributers please read!)

Re: Embedded license? (SDL contributers please read!)

Donny Viszneki-3
When I first started using SDL, I thought part of the choice of using
the LGPL license was to help give users of software freedom of choice
of operating system.

If I buy some proprietary software that chose to use SDL as opposed to
DirectX, it's now significantly easier for that company to offer their
software for platforms not supported by Microsoft.

But more than that, it's now easier for me to attempt to use the
software on a system not supported by the software's manufacturer.

SDL's use of the GNU LGPL license helps to protect my right to choose
an operating system other than Microsoft Windows.