Re: Improvements to the GameController API

Re: Improvements to the GameController API

Sentmoraap

Ed Phillips wrote:

Also, it's important (for a racing game, at least) to know whether the
steering axis is a racing wheel or equivalent with high-precision (i.e.
you can use 1-to-1 input values for in-game steering) or an analog
thumbstick or such (i.e. you need to use a response curve for input to
compensate for lack of near-centered accuracy).

I don't think this is releavant with the current state of GameController. For now it's only a tool to use the Xbox 360 controller as a lingua franca for similar controllers.

It could be extended to other types of devices : steering wheels, flight joysticks etc... but they have less standardized layout so I don't think this is relevant. Maybe with these types of devices we could provide physical information for providing better default analog settings.

Sam Lantinga wrote:

I've implemented support for inverted axes and independently binding separated halves of axes

Thanks !