Re: Raspberry Pi (Raspbian) + OpenglES + no X

Re: Raspberry Pi (Raspbian) + OpenglES + no X

Christian Leger
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback it was extremely helpful.

After a very long sequence of distractions...

Here is where I am: I was able to build SDL2 and run an OpenGL-enabled program, entirely from the RPI console - which is amazing!

What remains weird is this:

- I was entirely unable to build or run the app without specifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/vc/lib:./lib (where the first path holds opengl es and the latter was where I had my self-built SDL2 libs). No ordering of -L parameters seemed to override the system default of looking for libOpenGLES2 in /usr/lib/arm-etc. which for some reason never works (x11 dependent?).

- for some reason even though building SDL2 produce three separate identical (diff==empty) lib files named libSDL2-2.0.so, libSDL2-2.0.so.0.4.1, libSDL2.so, the only way the linker and the runtime are happy is if I have at least libSDL2.so in my ld-library-path, along with a symlink to it called libSDL2-2.0.s0.0. If the symlink is missing, no go. If I have the lib with only the name of the symlink, no go. If both names are there, with files of exactly the same content, all is good. Anybody know why? I'm not by any means an expert in binaries and linking matters.

Also, I've tried all manner of SDL_SetHint and SDL_WINDOW_INPUT_GRABBED values at initialization, but I always get ^[[6~ showing up a bunch of times in the console output. I'll probably post a new question about that.

Thanks so much for the feedback so far, it was what I needed to get going and now I'm back in this fun game!

Re: Raspberry Pi (Raspbian) + OpenglES + no X

MarloweOS
Christian Leger wrote
Also, I've tried all manner of SDL_SetHint and SDL_WINDOW_INPUT_GRABBED values at initialization, but I always get ^[[6~ showing up a bunch of times in the console output. I'll probably post a new question about that.
Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Thanks